RENO, Nev.—Nayeli Ti’a and Brooke Slusser recorded double-doubles for the second consecutive match and Selin Ozdemir recorded a career-best 10 kills as the San José State volleyball team fell 3-2 at Nevada Saturday afternoon in a Mountain West match inside the Virginia Street Gym.
- Ti’a recorded 15 kills and 11 digs for her fifth double-double of the week.
- She added a team-high five service aces including the three in a row to win the fourth set.
- Slusser had 40 assists and 11 digs in her fifth Spartan double-double. She hit .636 with seven kills on 11 attempts.
- Selin Ozdemir saw her first major playing time of the season and hit .389 for the match with 10 kills and nine digs.
- Jiana Lawson and Brooke Bryant led the Spartan blocking attack with four each.
- Alyssa Bjork added three blocks, one solo and two assists, in action in three sets.
- Laurel Barsocchini was the Spartans’ libero for the second consecutive match. She had 14 digs, six assists and three aces.
UP NEXT – The Spartans return home next week for matches against Colorado State on November 2 at 6 p.m., and versus Wyoming on November 4 at noon. The Wyoming match will be broadcast on NBC Sports Bay Area, and both can be seen on the Mountain West Network.
All home matches will be played at Spartan Gym inside the YUH Complex. Admission to all matches is free to the public.
Nevada def. San José State 3-2 (20-25, 25-18, 25-23, 20-25, 15-9).
Records – San José State 12-13, 3-9; Nevada 7-16, 3-9