SAN JOSE, Calif. – Marisa Davis-Jones led San José State (1-1, 0-0 MW) with a game-high 17 points as the Spartans knocked off Bellarmine (0-1, 0-0 ASUN) 81-65 in their second game of the season on Thursday night.
- Jones shot over 50 percent from the field and went 7-of-9 from the charity stripe in the win while also pulling down six rebounds.
- Sabrina Ma followed with 11 points of her own with a pair of 3-pointers.
- Jyah LoVett continued her stellar start to her career with a 10-point outing and a 6-for-6 showing from the free throw line.
- Jasmine Singleton dished out six assists and pulled down four rebounds in the win.
- Finau Tonga scored eight points and pulled down five rebounds.
- Amhyia Moreland had a team-high seven rebounds.
- Aniyah Quow was added to the list of Spartans making their debut for San José State, scoring three points.
- Nailea Nicholas and Semaj Smith each had six points off the bench.
- The Spartans held Bellarmine to just 33.3-percent shooting from the field and forced 20 turnovers.
- Maya Anderson and LoVett led the way defensively with three steals each, and Moreland and Ma both had two blocks.
UP NEXT: The Spartans play their final game of a three-game homestand on Saturday against Cal Poly. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m., and the game can be watched live on the Mountain West Network.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.