BOX SCORE (PDF)
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - Alvaro Cardenas scored a career-high 23 points to lead the San José State men's basketball team (4-2, 0-0 MW) in a 71-52 victory over Hampton (2-4, 0-0 CAA) on Monday at Paradise Jam.
- The Spartans outscored Hampton, 42-19, in the second half, shooting 54.8 percent in the frame while holding the opposition to only 31.8 percent.
- Four Spartans scored in double figures, Cardenas, Tibet Görener (15 points), Trey Anderson (12 points) and Myron (MJ) Amey Jr. (12 points).
- Görener knocked down three 3-pointers and moved into sixth all-time for most career 3-pointers made in SJSU history. With 124, he is one away from tying Robert Owens (2009-10) for fifth.
- Adrame Diongue had a near double-double as he registered nine points and nine rebounds.
- Anderson dished out a season-high four assists to tie for the team high with Amey Jr.
- Anderson also tied his career high of three blocks.
- Amey Jr. led the Spartans with a season-high three steals.
- 52 points is the fewest points the Spartans have allowed in a game this season, besting the 53 they conceded against Norfolk State on Saturday.
- Cardenas' previous career-high was 22 points against Southern Indiana on March 18, 2023.
- With the win, the Spartans secured fifth place at the 23rd annual Paradise Jam tournament.
- The Spartans have amassed four wins before Thanksgiving in back-to-back seasons for the first time in school history.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will return home to play North Dakota State at 8 p.m. on Monday, November 27. The game, which can be viewed on the Mountain West Network, will take place inside the Provident Credit Union Event Center
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership with season tickets.