SAN JOSE, Calif.—Five Spartans scored in double-figures, led by Myron Amey, Jr., with 15 points, as the San José State men’s basketball team won 77-61 over Cal State East Bay Saturday afternoon in an exhibition game inside the Provident Credit Union Event Center.
- Amey scored 15 points in almost 22 minutes of action. He grabbed three rebounds and a steal for SJSU.
- Freshman Latrell Davis came off the bench to score 13 points. He was a perfect 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
- Trey Anderson and William Humer each scored 11 points. Anderson had four rebounds, a steal and a blocked shot in the win.
- Humer grabbed a team-best eight rebounds to with his 11 points scored.
- Adrame Diongue was a perfect 5-for-5 from the field for his 10 points. He grabbed six rebounds, blocked two shots and dished out two assists.
- Alvaro Cardenas dished out a team-high nine assists and scored six points in the win.
- Ryen Perry was second on the team with three assists.
- Tibet Görener scored seven points, grabbed two rebounds and dished out two assists.
- In all, 12 Spartans saw action in the game.
Excitement is building for the 2023-24 season pic.twitter.com/WFYRTfUIKo— San Jose State Men’s Basketball (@SanJoseStateMBB) November 5, 2023
UP NEXT – The Spartans open the 2023-24 regular season this Tuesday, November 7, as the team hosts UC Irvine at the Provident Credit Union Event Center at 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale at OneSpartanNation.com.