This Week’s Schedule
Both matches can be viewed on the Mountain West Network or on the Mountain West app.
San Jose State
- The Spartans enter the final road matches of the season this week with an 12-15 overall record and 3-11 mark in the MW.
- SJSU is looking to stop a three-match losing streak after falling to Colorado State (3-2) and Wyoming (3-1) last week at home.
Jiana Lawson is 11th in the country in total blocks with 127 and 44th in blocks per set at 1.26 ps.
Spartan Head Coach Todd Kress
- Head coach Todd Kress is in his first season at the helm of the program.
- Came to San José State after two coaching stints at Fairfield University where he led the program to five NCAA Tournament appearances
- In his 28th year as a head coach with a 529-322 coaching record in 28 years
- Currently 24th in the NCAA among active head volleyball coaches with his 529 wins
- The regular-season Mountain West Champions, the Aggies enter Thursday night’s match with an 21-5 overall record and a 14-1 MW mark after defeating Boise State, 3-1, Monday afternoon.
- Head coach Rob Neilson is in his fourth season at the helm of the program.
- Utah State leads the overall series, 27-24-1.
- The Aggies won the earlier meeting this season, 3-0, inside Spartan Gym on October 14. Recap
- The Broncos enter Saturday’s match with a 11-14 overall record and 7-8 MW mark.
- They are one of thee teams with seven conference wins this season and a half game behind those two teams for sixth place.
- Head coach Shawn Garus is in his 15th season at the school.
- Paige Barsch is second in the country in points per set (5.85), fourth in attacks per set (12.90), kills per set (5.04) and points (538.5), fifth in kills (464) and seventh in attacks (1,187).
- Boise State leads the overall series, 23-22, and won the earlier meeting this year, 3-0, on October 12, in Spartan Gym. Recap
San José State returns home for the final two matches of the season. The Spartans face UNLV on Tuesday the 14th as part of the Mountain West Block Party. The team then hosts San Diego State on Thursday the 16th in the final home match of the year. Both matches begin at 6 p.m. at Spartan Gym inside the YUH Complex. Admission is free for all home matches.