SPOKANE, Wash. – Demaris Waters took first place in the 60-meter hurdles and Christopher Coats won the 400-meter dash to lead San Josè State as they competed on Friday in the Spokane Indoor Challenge. Both men and women combined for 20 personal records on the day.
- Audreanae Hagan took third place in the 60-meter hurdles after running the event in 8.28 seconds, which ranks 11th in the nation.
- Lina Schubert was able to finish second in the high jump with a 1.71-meter (5-7.25 feet) jump.
- Alyssa Bean finished fifth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 57.18 and tied for seventh in the 200-meter dash at 24.80.
- Hazel Gaspaire finished tied for seventh in the high jump at 1.61 meters (5-3.25 feet).
- Waters won the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.75 seconds, which is currently the eighth-best time in the nation.
- Coats finished the 400-meter dash in 47.03 seconds and also took third place in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.30 seconds. His 400-meter time is the second best in the nation, and his 200-meter time ranks seventh in the nation.
- Jeremiah Walker finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.19 seconds, which currently ranks fifth in the nation.
- Micah Hairston (7.78 seconds) and Malachi Snow (7.83 seconds) finished third and fourth in the 60-meter hurdles, respectively. Hairston's time is currently 11th best in the nation, and Snow's is currently 16th.
- Ajamu Reed took second place in the long jump with a 7.60-meter (24-11.25 feet) jump, which is fifth best in America.
- Isaac Davis jumped 6.65 meters (22-5.75 feet) to take fifth place in his first meet with the Spartans.
- Jacob Lopez took second in the shot put with a 16.00-meter (52-6.00 feet) throw.
- Pablo Villasenor finished fifth in the weight throw (16.31 meters) and seventh in the shot put (14.93 meters)
UP NEXT: The Spartans will close out their time in Washington on Saturday for day two of the Cougar Classic Invite/Spokane Indoor Challenge.