The Spartans have landed…in Boise ahead of tomorrow’s quad meet.— San Jose State Gymnastics (@SanJoseStateGYM) January 18, 2024
Here from @jaudai_lopes & Devyn Valuch as @CoachJoBowers takes her turn asking the questions! 😀💛💙#AllSpartans pic.twitter.com/F7jmGKBzoY
The San José State women’s gymnastics team competes for the second time in six days as the team travels to Treasure Valley for a quad meet hosted by Boise State with Air Force and West Chester. The meet begins at 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT inside the ExtraMile Arena
Live Scoring – https://virti.us/session?s=CkpmY6a7bU
Live Stream – Mountain West Network
- This meet marks the first time that Mountain West foes will compete against each other this season. The Spartans and Broncos have competed in two meets this year, while Air Force competes for the first time.
- This is the first of two regular-season meetings between the Spartans and Broncos. Boise State will visit San Jose as part of a quad meet on March 10.
- The Broncos scored a season-high 196.250 last week at the Sprouts Farmers Market Collegiate Quad Session 1.
- The Spartans and Falcons will compete against each other three more times during the regular season after this meet, the next coming in San Jose on February 4.
- This is the first-ever meeting between San José State and West Chester. The Golden Rams set three individual school records in their first meet of the season at Maryland, scoring an opening-meet best 193.775.
- The Spartans enter the meet ranked 36th in the country with a 194.950 average, while Boise State is ranked 32nd with a 195.300 average.
- Four Spartans won five MW honors for their performances last week, led by Lauren Macpherson who was the Gymnast of the Week after scoring a 39.175 in the all-around.
- She and Katherine Weyhmiller were the Co-Beam Specialists of Week after scoring a 9.900 on beam to win the event.
- Freshman Marissa Ashton scored a season-best 9.850 on beam to earn Co-MW Freshman of the Week honors
- Jaudai Lopes earned her first Vault Specialist of the Week honors after winning the event with a 9.875.
UP NEXT – The Spartans open the home portion of the schedule with the first of three consecutive home meets on Sunday, January 28, against Sacramento State. The meet begins at 2 p.m., inside the Provident Credit Union Event Center.