ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The San José State track and field team heads to New Mexico to compete in the UNM Indoor Open on Friday and Saturday, coming off a strong season-opener in Washington two weeks ago.
- The Spartans set multiple personal bests in their season opener at the Spokane Indoor Challenge.
- Audreanae Hagan set a new SJSU record in the 60-meter hurdles with an 8.28-second run in Washington.
- Her time is currently 32nd best in the nation.
- The Spartans had eight first-place finishes in the Spokane Indoor Challenge, including two from Christopher Coats in the 400-meter dash.
- Coats's 47.03 in the 400 is currently the 16th best time in the nation in the event.
- Demaris Waters holds the 18th best time in the nation in the 60-meter hurdles with a 7.75, followed by Micah Hariston's 7.78, which is currently the 24th best time in the nation.
- Ajamu Reed's long jump of 7.60 meters currently ranks 22nd in the country, and the distance medley relay team of Christopher Malone, Jeremiah Walker, Harry Overstreet and Michael Chadwick sit at 25th in the nation with a time of 10:20.24.
- Emilia Sjostrand will make her indoor-season debut this weekend after being the first female All-American in SJSU history last year.