Welcome back! This Sunday, the San José State women’s gymnastics team welcomes Air Force to the Provident Credit Union Event Center for the first home Mountain West meet in school history. The competition begins at 2 p.m., with doors opening at 12:30 p.m. for those who want to watch warmups.
Live TV – NBC Sports Bay Area
NBC Sports Bay Area Channels (Local Only) - Xfinity 40; Xfinity HD 720; DirecTV 696
Live Stream – Mountain West Network
Live Scoring – virti.us
Live Scoring - Statbroadcast
- Welcome back II as we welcome back former San José State gymnasts and coaches who have been a part of the growth of the Spartan program.
- This is the second of five meetings between the two teams this season. The Spartans will compete at Air Force on March 1, and both teams will travel for a meet at Denver on March 3. SJSU and Air Force will compete at the inaugural Mountain West Championship on March 23 in Logan, Utah.
- The two teams competed at the Boise State Quad on January 19 with the Spartans scoring a 195.625 and the Falcons a 194.975.
- San José State enters the meet ranked 34th in the country with a 195.506 scoring average, while Air Force is 49th with a 194.450 average.
- Three Spartans were honored by the Mountain West after winning events in the last week’s meet against Sacramento State – Jaudai Lopes, Co-Vault Specialist; Katherine Weyhmiller, Bars and Co-Beam Specialist; and Jada Mazury, Floor Specialist.
- Air Force is led by freshman Maggie Slife who has been the back-to-back MW Gymnast of the Week. She scored a 39.300 in the all-around last week in a dual at Utah State.
- Tickets are available the day of the meet at the Provident Credit Union Event Center Box Office or by clicking here.
- The Box Office opens two hours prior to the meet, and doors to the facility open at 12:30 p.m.
- Ticket prices are $15 for adults and kids 12 and under are free on Sundays.
- Stay around directly after the meet as the team hosts a short dance party for the kids in attendance.
- This is the first of two home meets in six days as SJSU hosts UC Davis on Friday, February 9 at 7 p.m.