|NCAA West First Round|
|Dates||May 24-27, All Day|
|Meet Info||Watch | Meet Schedule | Live Results|
|Social Media||Twitter: @SanJoseStTFXC
YouTube: San Jose State Spartans
SACRAMENTO, Calif.— Emilia Sjostrand enters as the No. 1 seed in the Women's Triple Jump to lead San José State into the NCAA West First Round qualifier at Hornet Stadium held May 24 through 27. Those who qualify after the first round will move on to participate in the NCAA Track & Field Championships in two weeks.
- Sjostrand enters the competition as the No. 1 seed in the Women's Triple Jump after her school-record setting mark of 13.92m (45'8") at the Cardinal Classic earlier this season.
- Sjostrand also qualified for the Women's Long Jump as the No. 6 seed with her record-setting 6.42m (21'0.75") distance at the Fresno State Invite.
- Women's 400m Relay teammates Sophie Liao, Eve Divinity, Gabby Spencer, Sharli'e McCuller, Sarah Mosteller and Kaylen Fletcher will represent SJSU as the No. 17 seeded relay team after recording a 44.43-second time at the Fresno State Invite.
- Divinity also qualified in the Women's Long Jump as the No. 24 seed after submitting a distance of 6.23m (20'5.25") at the MW Outdoor Championships.
- Victoria Agyin made the cut as the No. 25 seed in the Women's Triple Jump with a mark of 12.87m (42'2.75") at the Aztec Invitational.
- Osayi Omorodion qualifies as the No. 29 seed in the Women's 100m Hurdles after submitting a mark of 13.29 seconds at the MW Outdoor Championships. Her time also set the school record in the event.
- McCuller also qualified in the Women's 200m Dash as a No. 40 seed with her time of 23.45 seconds at the Fresno State Invite.
- Ajamu Reed qualified in the Men's Long Jump as the No. 8 seed after recording a first-place distance of 7.93m (26'0.25") at the Bryan Clay Invitational.
- Demaris Waters on the MW Outdoor Championship title in the Men's 110m Hurdles and punched his ticket as the No. 11 seed to the NCAA West Regional by submitting a time of 13.51 seconds en route to a MW title, facility record as well as a conference and championship record.
- Jeremiah Walker made the cut as the No. 22 seed for the Men's 400m Dash with his title-winning performance at the MW Outdoor Championships with a time of 45.74 seconds.
- Walker has also qualified for the Men's 200m Dash as the No. 21 seed with his title-winning race of 20.61 seconds at the MW Outdoor Championships. His mark is the third-fastest in school history, behind SJSU legends Tommie Smith and John Carlos.
- Cameron Tarver also qualified in the Men's 200m Dash as a No. 31 seed after finishing second behind Walker with a time of 20.74 seconds at the MW Outdoor Championships.
- Zaire Waring qualifies as a No. 37 seed after finishing third in the Men's 400m Hurdles with a time of 51.80 seconds at the MW Outdoor Championships.
- Fabio Hessling made the cut as a No. 15 seed with his MW title-winning throw of 67.65m (221'11") at the MW Outdoor Championships.
- Bryson Smith also earned a spot in the Men's Hammer Throw competition as the No. 23 seeded thrower with his event-winning throw of 65.58m (215'2") at the Payton Jordan Invitational
UP NEXT: Qualifying Spartans will advance to the NCAA Championships in Austin, Texas held June 7-10.