TOLEDO, Ohio – Chevan Cordeiro eclipsed 10,000 passing yards for his career on Saturday as San José State (1-3, 0-0 MW) fell 21-17 to Toledo (2-1, 0-0 MAC) at the Glass Bowl in Toledo, Ohio.
- Cordeiro moved past the 10,000-yard mark on the first play of the game with a 39-yard strike to Nick Nash.
- After a pair of defensive stops, the Spartans took the lead on their first drive of the second quarter thanks to a 37-yard field goal from Kyler Halvorsen.
- On the ensuing kickoff, the Spartans went with a pooch kick that was fumbled by Toledo and recovered by Andrew Jenkins.
- This is the second-straight game where the Spartans have recovered an onside kick.
- SJSU took advantage of the recovery with a 20-yard touchdown pass from Cordeiro to Dominick Mazotti.
- The score was Mazotti's first of the season.
- Tre Jenkins secured his first interception of the season on Toledo's second drive of the second half.
- The Spartans again took advantage thanks to Kairee Robinson's 15-yard touchdown rush that extended SJSU's lead to 17-7.
- Cordeiro went 117 attempts before throwing his first interception of the season.
- Longsnapper Andrew Gonneville was able to recover a muffed punt by Toledo in the fourth quarter.
- Cordeiro threw for 228 yards on 24-of-41 passing with one TD.
- Robinson led the way on the ground for the Spartans, going for 50 yards and a touchdown.
- Nash had 80 yards on six catches.
- Malikhi Miller followed with 50 yards on four catches, and Mazotti had 39 yards on four catches with a score.
- Bryun Parham led the way defensively with a season-high 11 tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss.
- Michael Dansby had one sack, while Tre Smith and Soane Toia each split a sack.
- Jay'Vion Cole had three pass breakups.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will return home to take on Air Force in their Mountain West opener on Friday, September 22. The game can be watched live on FS1 and heard on KTRB.
Click here to build your One Spartan Nation membership.