SAN JOSE, Calif. - Maro Tiozzo scored two goals and added an assist to lead the No. 14 San José State Spartans in their 12-10 loss to No. 18 Harvard. In the second game of the day, Peter Kolos Kahar scored three goals and drew an exclusion to lead the Spartans in their 16-8 win over Long Island University.
- Connor Macmillan, Mark Kis, Laszlo Szieben, Mateja Bosic, Gal Haimovich, Kolos Kahar, and Bence Szabo all scored during the match.
- Erik Duesund won the sprint in the second and fourth to give the Spartans starting possession.
- Szieben led the team in steals tallying four.
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY
- Macmillan scored less than a minute into the first quarter to put the Spartans on the board.
- Nikola Nikolic, Giancarlo Marquez, Nikki Matheisen, Mitchell Keightley, Szabo, Tiozzo, Duesdund, and Bosic also scored.
- Marquez, Duardo, and Keightley all drew multiple exclusions to give SJSU power play opportunities.
- Goalkeeper Colton Boyd tallied 14 saves and one assist throughout the match.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will resume play tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. at the SRAC pool.