FRESNO, Calif. - Renee Fleming scored two goals to lead the No. 18 San José State women's water polo team in their 12-4 loss to No. 5 UC Irvine. In the second game of the day, Darcy Spark scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Spartans in their 11-6 loss to No. 9 Fresno State.
Vs UC Irvine
- Lucy Miszewski and Emma Ruzic also scored during the match.
- Ryann Luccessi, Catie Kelly, Spark, and Ruzic all drew exclusions to give the Spartans multiple power play opportunities.
- Kelly and Miszewski each tallied two steals to give SJSU possession of the ball.
Vs Fresno State
- Ivanna Anderson-Villela put two points on the board, while Rose Jensen and Lucchesi scored one point each.
- Genevieve Larkin, Jennine Osorio, and Luccessi gave SJSU multiple power plays by drawing one exclusion each.
- Zsofia Hadju and Grace Smith had two steals each.