TEMPE, Ariz. - Paxtyn Reihs had 100% shooting accuracy with four goals scored to lead the No. 19 San José State women's water polo team in their 24-3 win over Ottawa University Arizona. Sinia Plotz had a hat trick in the second game of the day to lead the Spartans in their 12-8 win against Marist.
OTTOWA UNIVERSITY ARIZONA
- Renee Fleming scored the first goal of the game less than a minute into the first quarter.
- Darcy Spark and Mackenzy Clark tallied two goals in the first period alone.
- The Spartans led the match 9-0 at the end of the first quarter, keeping the Spirit scoreless.
- Reihs scored the 10th goal of the match off a rebound at 7:41 in the second quarter.
- SJSU led Ottawa Arizona 11-3 at halftime.
- Catie Kelly scored her first goal of the season to make the score 13-3.
- Goalkeeper Zsofia Hadju recorded five saves on the morning.
- Lucy Miszewski and Clark both had hat tricks during the match.
- Reihs led the team in steals tallying four.
- Emma Ruzic, Sinia Plotz, Maiken Pardon, Ivanna Anderson-Villela, Ryann Luccesi, and Rose Jensen also scored during the match.
- Anderson-Villela scored back-to-back goals at the beginning of the first period to make the score 2-1 San Jose.
- Fleming put a point on the board shortly after to make the score 3-1 San José.
- Spark scored at the beginning of the second quarter to tie the score 4-4.
- Miszewski put the Spartans ahead to make the score 5-4 going into the half.
- Spark, Pardon, and Jensen dominated the third to put the Spartans up 8-5.
- Plotz was on fire in the fourth quarter with four goals to make the final score 12-8.
- Pardon led the team with assists, tallying two.
UP NEXT: The Spartans will travel to the Bronco Invitational in Santa Clara, Calif. from Feb. 17-18.